Columbia University, School of Engineering and Applied Science, New York, NY May 2014
Civil Engineering, Concentration in Construction Management, Concentration GPA: 3.92, Cumulative GPA: 3.26, Dean’s Honor List
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Sep 2014- present
Bechtel Corporation, London, UK
Deputy to Programme Delivery Director on the $2 Billion Gatwick Airport CAPEX Programme May 2016- January 2017
• Responsible for Periodic Financial Status Reporting (PFSR) and cost & revenue budgeting & forecasting.
• Responsible for prime contract management and KPI based performance management and related incentive payments.
• Responsible for project billing, staffing, and supporting PM in all duties involving the effective management and administration of the program.
Field Engineer Reporting to Construction Manager on the Vauxhall Station Upgrade Project December 2015- May 2016
• Responsible for the production and upkeep of design documentation such as Red Lines & As-Built Drawings.
• Responsible for the production of Field Change Documents, Design Check Certificates, Method Statements & Short Notice Changes.
Project Controls Engineer Reporting to Head of Project Controls on the $17 Billion Crossrail Programme April 2015-December 2015
• Responsible for the preparation and distribution of the Monthly Management Business Review Package & Level 1 Management Schedule.
• Responsible for Physical & Cost % Complete Analysis & Reporting.
• Lead the development of the Progress Performance Dashboard and the “Earned Value Analysis” as a means to measure and manage subcontractors.
Project Controls Engineer Reporting to Head of Project Controls on the $6 Billion Great Western Route Electrification Project Sep. 2014-April 2015
• Responsible for project wide schedule performance and cost performance adherence analysis and reporting functions.
• Responsible for the preparation and distribution of the Monthly Executive Project Review Package.
• General Secretary for the Great Western Route Leadership Commercial Change Panel.
Turner Construction Company, New York, NY June- August 2013
Construction Management Intern at General Contractor in New York City
• Researched, analyzed and prepared associated 35-page report on the LEAN management of human capital in field operations on two project sites,
namely; “Whitney Museum Gansevoort Site” and “New York University Langone Medical Center, Energy Building Site”.
• Prepared, reviewed and documented change orders, submittal logs, RFIs on both projects.
Turner International Middle East Construction Company, Istanbul June- August 2012
Construction Management Intern at the $2 Billion Emaar Residential Development Project in Istanbul, Turkey
• Assisted the project manager and owner’s representative on the determination of scope of works for excavation and substructure tender packages.
• Collaborated with field engineers in the preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) for excavation and substructure tender packages.
• Reviewed and contributed to the evaluation of sub-contractor prequalification packages.
Turkish Leadership Association (Yenibirlider) Co-Founder (http://www.yenibirlider.com/homepage.aspx) July 2012- present
• Pioneered a sustainable model to support and facilitate the success of talented young students, entrepreneurs and proffesionals in Turkey.
• Crafted the association’s strategy, organizational structure, performance metrics, associated written constitution and framework to allocate resources
to the continuously grow our team of 3 full time employees and 50+ volunteers who manage and deliver our offerings.
• Since inception, secured a total of $1 million in funding from well-known companies such as Vodafone, Unilever, Ford & Earnest & Young.
• Since inception, provided +750 students & entrepreneurs with opportunities to engage in structured leadership programs in Turkey and Europe.
Fortune Magazine, - 40 Under 40 -Istanbul- Monthly Turkish Business Publication Nov. 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
• Placed on the annual Fortune “ 40 most influential individuals under age 40 ” list four years in a row by nomination a jury of businessman.
Chatham House- Royal Institute of International Affairs -London November 2014-present
• Member of the Royal Institute of International Affairs, based in London, U.K.
TED Talk - New York City, NY March 2014
• Gave a 15 minute long talk at the prestigious TEDx Conference organized at Columbia University.
Platin Magazine, Istanbul Leading Monthly Turkish Economy Publication January 2013
• Attained the privilege to be published as the youngest person on a Turkish Business Publication’s cover story.
Global Leaders in Construction Management, Columbia University September 2012- present
• Advisory Member of Columbia University Global Leaders in Construction Management Research Institute.
• Conducted research on the construction sector in emerging markets via travelling internationally and analyzing signature local construction projects.
• Presented findings to the executive management of sponsor and collaborator companies; namely, Turner, AECOM and Parsons.
American Mathematics Competition 8 (AMC 8) First Place Among 22.000 International Participants December 2008
SKILLS & INTERESTS
Languages: Proficient in Turkish and French, beginner level in Spanish.
Computer: MS Office, AutoCAD, Primavera P6, Database Management, Financial Modeling.
Interests: Skiing, Scuba Diving, Backgammon, Martial Arts & Reading (Accredited Speed Reader)